Monday, August 9, 2010

Been away for a bit

 Hi Ladies,

Sorry for the brief slip in posting - have managed to run myself into the ground with a combination of a ridiculously hectic work schedule and a shitty cold. On the plus side, I haven’t had much time to eat, so I’ve dropped a couple of kilos (it’s always nice to have a genuine reason to be able to tell people you’re not hungry, without them so much as batting an eyelid!) but I’m still in a total tiz, chasing my tail trying to get back on track and still don’t have a huge amount of time to post.

So I thought I’d include a few posts I’ve submitted to a couple of groups. Chances are, anyone reading this blog will have already seen the posts, but I don’t want y’all to think I’ve abandoned the blog and I’d also like to keep some of my posts for posterity. Just so as I’ve got all my little ramblings kept in the same place. 

And of course, if ever anyone stumbles upon this humble wee collection of jibber-jabber, they might find something they can use, refer to or maybe just nod in agreement with. 

First up are a few websites I came across and thought I’d share with anyone who might be interested:


www.calorierestriction.org 

and 

http://www.mprize.org/blogs/ 

and 

http://nymag.com/news/features/23169/ 


Whilst they're not exactly pro-ana in the purest sense of the word, they are great resources for anyone wanting to adopt a regime of calorie restriction. 

The top one is for the actual website of a 'movement' that has been gaining popularity in the western world, over the past 5 years. The idea is based around the premise that an overall restriction of calories (combined with optimum nutrition) not only keeps you super slim and fit, but prolongs youthfulness and longevity. The second one is a blog written by a woman called April who has kept fastidiously to this CR WOL for five years. Her husband is on it too and she writes up lots of recipes and menus for seriously restricted diets. The last one is just a feature on this lifestyle in the NY Mag, in which a reporter tries it out for a few months. Its a good starting point and gives an overall synopsis on what the idea entails. 

Now, I know it's not going to be up everyone's street to want to try and create superbalanced meal plans to live longer, but I think it could be a useful tool for a couple of reasons: 

1/ I don't know about you guys but I don't just want to be slim, but I want to be gorgeous too. And to maintain good skin, hair, nails and some energy levels, I know I need to get some nutrients into my body. These sites give loads of tips on how to create very low cal meals and snacks that will allow you to lose weight whilst looking good. 

2/ The second reason is a much more sneaky one! Basically, it's for all those who have nosey friends and family who are disapproving of our lifestyle choice. If you think they're giving you any stick for your choices, point them in the direction of these sites. Not only do they speak about this restrictive WOL as a tool for optimum health, but there are references to studies and research done CONFIRMING that calorie restriction will increase longevity and overall health. You might not want to follow it or maybe you just want to use some of it, but it's good to have as a resource and also as a kind of back up you can show to any concerned onlookers who may be a little worried about you and your new eating habits. 

Like I said, they're not strictly pro-ana in their ethos, but useful nonetheless.

Hope some of you find something useful there you can take and incorporate into your plans and whatnot.

ACTB


No comments:

Post a Comment